Here is a list of summer music I’ve compiled for all of you lovely followers/casual blog stalkers (yes, I know you exist):
Artists to incorporate into your upcoming sunny days:
1. Washed Out - There is not a day
goes by where I don’t listen to
2. Toro y Moi - So obsessed! My
new musical addiction!
3. Phoenix - Ain’t no summer
without a little Phoenix blasting
on your drive to the beach.
4. STRFKR - Equal parts chill, and
dance-tastic. I was thoroughly
upset I didn’t get to see these
guys at Webster a few months
5. Collie Buddz - Shout out to my
resident Heather for this one.
Love the reggae vibes
6. Shlohmo - Incredibly versatile
DJ. His mixes sound like pure
7. Flume - Closer to electro and
leaning towards chill wave,
Flume is trippy regardless.
8. Best Coast - If there’s no Best
Coast on your playlist, I really
don’t know what you’re doing
with your life. Get. On. It. I mean
it doesn’t get any more summery
than this. I would hang out with
this band every single day if I
9. The Weeknd - I mean… I don’t
even need to explain myself.
Everyone should be listening to
The Weeknd all day, everyday.
10. MellowHype - Odd Future’s
Hodgy Beats and Left Brain
come together for a sick rap
collaboration. So underrated.
11. Vondelpark - My little goober
sister has boss ass taste in
music, and this is an artist I
give her credit for introducing
12. Tycho - Chill, chill, chill. On all
levels. If you’re into
instrumentals, definitely give
them a listen.
13. Pedro the Lion - I just love their
sound. Very mellow, and
perfect for indie music fans.
14. Ben Howard - Oh, Benny boy.
Lyrical genius and a monster
guitarist, I’ll forever be in love
with this man. Seeing him live
this year was mind blowing.
15. Yo La Tengo - Jersey boys that
can make music. A classic pick.
And these are the best 15 I could come up with on the spot. Hope you all enjoy these artists as much as I do.
Happy summer, broskis.